16.1.14

A couple of years ago I suddenly bought an old 3-speed Finnish bike. I let it sit in the storage until finally I got the inspiration to repair it. Also, my parents-in-law bought a small summer house in Estonia, near a small village. It's a nice place by the Baltic sea and surely we'll spend plenty of time there. So I thought I'd give the old beater a full service and, maybe, a coat of fresh paint, but that's to be decided later. Fot now, I'll concentrate mainly on mechanics of it, rather than the aesthetics.

The three-speed rear hub on the bike is made by Sachs (which now goes by the name SRAM). I couldn't find decent instructions regarding the service, maintenance and settings, so I had to read through a lot of pages on the web. Some of them were in languages I couldn't fully understand, like German and Polish. So I thought why don't I document the process of disassembly and assembly as well as tuning, maybe someone will need this some day. There's a lot of information about Sturmey Archer hubs, which utilize the same planetary gear principals, but not that much about the Sachs Torpedo Dreigang H 3111, which I got. So here goes

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий